Managing, maintaining, and keeping a fleet functioning efficiently is a mammoth task even for small courier companies in United Kingdom. Luckily for couriers of all sizes, the fleet management features of a courier software reduces hassle, saves time, and provides much-needed organisational tools and advantages.
Regardless of the type and size of your fleet (whether it includes trucks, short or long Wheel Base vans, cars, or Britain’s popular Luton vans for deliveries), you can definitely gain major benefits from using and investing in delivery master courier software packed with features. The benefits can be anywhere from financial savings to positive customer feedback. Everything about a business comes full circle which is why no single area or detail within delivery life cycle can be overlooked because all points are interconnected.
Simplify Fleet Management
The fleet management is a breeze using Delivery Master GPS Fleet Tracking System coupled with your new courier software as it offers several key advantages. The management dashboard and real-time fleet tracking shows you exactly the status and location of your entire fleet allowing you to quickly determine which tasks can be designated to which drivers and vehicles.
As you would agree that saving time and making deliveries more efficient which in the medium to long term can grow your U.K courier business through improving client retention as well as employee retention.
Drivers are able to update their status on-the-go and management can also check up on them through the back office system without needing to contact anyone individually. Driver Mobile App captures POB & POD signatures, provides real-time updates from your drivers and automatically emails your customers with delivery notification. At the end of the day, your new Delivery Master Mobile App simplifies fleet operations and deliveries.
For example: imagine one of your vehicles broke down on the side of A4 road in England. Hoping this never occurs for your fleet can not be the case because its part of running a courier business. One of your vehicles will one time or another break down. Using your new fleet management system, you can now easily take control of your entire fleet, transfer jobs from one driver to another with ease. Can you say No to having that option?
On the Ground Delivery Business Improvements
Fleet management features aren’t just good for office administration but also for real-time business improvements.
- Each driver is a face of your courier company, improving their work environment and well-being is as important as the deliveries they make each day. When they know that you have invested in latest courier software, and they are not micro-managed as each fleet monitoring feature is automated, this equals to overall efficiency.
- Fleet management features in courier software also ensures safety as the identity and location of drivers and vehicle identification codes are available to everyone with access to the back office mainframe.
- Driver retention is secured as its never easy to find experienced and professional courier drivers who know the routes, packing the vehicles correctly, and are familiar with regular customers. Resource conservation is a significant benefit because when drivers and employees stay with your company working towards fulfilling your mission statement, this translates in to saving £ £ £ in human resources.
- Vehicle depreciation is a real and unavoidable courier business cost. Fleet management tools help you schedule and keep track of repairs and maintenance activities as well as any potential mishaps on the part of the driver. With orders being moved to other available vehicles while one or more are in repair mode, the deliveries does not halt or become a victim to delays.
- Processes get organised better as does the flow of data which improves efficiency in the company while route optimisation saves money, fuel, and time.
- Lastly, simplified reports available make decision making faster since the flow of data is accessible, fast, and streamlined in your new comprehensive reporting suite.
Questions Related to Fleet Management, Logistics or Courier Software?
Here at Delivery Master Courier Software team, we are proud in our track record for delivering exceptional customer support and the technology that improves efficiency through specialised courier and logistics software designed specifically for UK’s courier businesses. Simply contact us so that we can answer your questions, demonstrate the benefits and functionality of using your new courier management system Delivery Master Courier Software.
Discover the difference 25+ years of experience in courier and logistics software industry will make for your courier company growth.