It is common for all types and sizes of companies including couriers to spend a fortune on marketing agencies so you can grow the customer base and increase your market share. There are ways however to market your UK courier business yourself using agency-level strategies so you can utilise your available resources better and reinvest them back into the business for growth.
Marketing Strategies for Your UK Courier Company Success
Since you operate in a service industry where there are unique, perhaps we should say specific, type of deliveries you can make. For example: instead of marketing to gain new customers for all types of businesses, you could easily specialise in document deliveries or medical deliveries. Then your marketing strategy will differ.
As you already know, competition in United Kingdom is rife regarding courier companies wanting to expand their business. As a result, coming up with a well thought of marketing strategy should be the first step because it helps in better resource utilisation along with making sure you are targeting the right customers for your courier services.
- First, write down the target demographic and audience for your courier business. Do you want to be the friendly neighborhood courier for localised services? Do you also want to attract entrepreneurs and become the shipping partner for new sprouting businesses in the area? Conduct preliminary market research to learn how to respond to existing demand in the market. Demand is there, just look.
- Make a value chart depending on what your business is readily able to provide and areas where improvement can still be made. In your market research, your aim should be to find out the actual demands of customers and what they value the most in a courier. Its your value add that makes the difference. Thus, add value.
- Make a list of and study your immediate competitors in the market. Learn from them, what are they doing right that you can do better. Identify where you can provide an advantage over the services that they provide (faster deliveries, same day or next day shipments, cheaper rates, better usage of technology such as Delivery Master Courier Software). This leads to customer satisfaction and better conversion for your company.
- Set timely goals (they can be yearly, weekly, quarterly, or even daily) and make sure your team and staff strive to achieve them. It is also wise to set time limits on different marketing initiatives so that you can analyse the results thoroughly to find out what and or which works better than others so that you can focus more on the strategies that work.
- Make a list of available channels for advertising that are open to you. This includes your own blog or website as well as participating through free services such as online forums. Social media is a formidable tool for marketing and costs far less than traditional means of marketing, but each social media site has a different range of audience, LinkedIn for example, is better for networking with other businesses and potential partners whereas Facebook has everyone else.
- How will you measure performance? Set parameters that are duly communicated to all team members including courier drivers in periodic reports so you can monitor the effectiveness of the business model you are currently using.
Marketing Through Facebook & Others
Facebook is the most used out of all social media sites so your social media marketing campaign can start from there. Facebook Ad Manager is quite advanced and enables businesses to make targeted advertisements and to reach very specific audiences (you can tailor the requirements from demographic to interests to the area and other factors that are important for targeting your customers).
Furthermore, do remember that Facebook marketing and Facebook advertisement tools must be utilised by creating the right audience. And the fact in 2021 is that Facebook is still in the process of carving their share of online advertising market, this means its also the best platform for you to reach thousands of potential customers using minimal budget.
Networking is similarly important for generating new customers, attracting business owners, and forming a partnership with other couriers or e-commerce enterprises. LinkedIn is one of the best social media platforms for networking and building meaningful connections up and down the supply chain. Other social media sites like Instagram are also effective especially if you are making eye-catching posts with infographics and directing traffic back to your website.
Using a Same Day Courier Software for Your United Kingdom Based Courier Company?
As we’ve highlighted some ideas for your delivery company growth, do keep in mind that there is nothing better than to know that you too can count on our years of experience. And that’s exactly what we offer you along Delivery Master Courier Software, fully functional easy to use and integrate. Created specifically for UK Courier businesses. For your courier business.
Whether you are an owner driver with a your own van, or you’ve already worked hard to build an established fleet, or whether you are looking for better same day courier software, we’ll deliver confidence that can only be earned through experience.
Call 0333 30 55 250 and we’ll arrange a suitable time to detail the many advantages of using your new courier software and technology solutions with exceptional support service. We’re looking forward to contributing towards your courier company growth, simply, contact us