Which courier business owner doesn’t like things done right, or least, easier to handle and manage?
Just imagine the current technology your courier company uses; you’re probably using computer devices and various software programs such as Microsoft Word or even Microsoft Excel. Is it possible to not use these helpful tools for your courier business? Of course, not because using technological tools available your business is saving time and energy.
But what about a courier software created for the sole purpose of ensuring day to day operations of a delivery business are handled in an automated fashion, freeing up much needed resources and time so that you can focus on other aspects of growing your courier company in United Kingdom.
Basics of Courier Management Software
Courier software is basically a tool to automate daily tasks, from order input, dispatch, delivery driver communication, order delivered to client successfully. This obviously helps both the delivery business and the end customer.
Its more than likely that you are aware of what courier management software does, or can do for a courier company if you own one. Hey, you may even be searching the market for the best courier software that you can incorporate for your logistics business. If this is the case, then, realise the facts about other courier management software available for UK couriers, because some of them have forgotten the most important factor ‘ease of use and affordable support services’.
Consider These When Selecting a Same Day Courier Software
Not every software is good for a particular logistics business, there are some key factors that should be kept in mind before choosing a courier management software.
- Functionality: a software functionality must cater for all stakeholders. Although most software packages have the basic requirements a courier business will use on daily basis, such as order information, delivery address, driver time record, and route optimisation, some softwares do not have important features such as real-time tracking, fleet tracking system, application for customers to place their orders. It’s important to know what features a particular software provides before you decide to purchase it.
- Integration: a company may have existing software for accounts, transport management or other tools. It is important that the new courier software package integrates smoothly with the existing systems because its critical to not have downtime or at least minimise disruption.
- Data Security: same day courier software interacts with private data (customer name, address, phone number and other sensitive data). Therefore, software system must be thoroughly tested, updated and should be free of bugs. Secure backups are also critical to minimise the risk encountered by businesses using technology.
- Support: it’s absolutely critical to ensure that the company you work with explains their support services, whether this is for the software installation, training, updates and maintenance of the software system.
What we mean is, although you may have even considered some free and open-source courier software due to restricted financial resources your courier company has to work within, its obvious that you are looking for a courier software developed professionally, one that you can easily incorporate to your specific business operations, and, it has to be cost-effective. Well, what if we were to tell you:
"Phone support is always free of charge regardless of how long you’ve been our valued customer, what size your business is or how big your business grows".
Delivery Master Software team is here committed to providing better services. We strongly believe in ensuring that our valued client’s business uses simply the best and affordable courier software created with over 26 years of logistics and courier industry experience in united kingdom. This is important to keep in mind because unlike courier and freight businesses in United States or European countries, UK courier’s requirements and usage is different requiring specific approach when developing a software package for same-day, overnight and international courier services.
Rest assured, Delivery Master Courier Software has you covered with
- Back Office System (available either as a fully managed hosted service or a traditional on-premise software installation).
- Delivery Master Mobile App (improves productivity, reduces calls into the office, captures POB & POD signatures, get real-time updates from your drivers)
- Customer Web Portal (fully integrated, allows your customers to book jobs online and to receive real-time status updates of jobs held on their account)
Why Use a Courier Software System?
Today in 2022, no courier company can compete in growing UK courier industry without having in place optimum delivery life-cycle. This is where a good courier software can enhance productivity.
Automate order details, sender and receiver’s name, address, contact information, parcel weight, date of dispatch and delivery, automate the invoice process, receive instant notifications, keep record of all the transactions, gain insights through comprehensive reporting suite and many other benefits.
As you can understand, UK courier companies can no longer use ancient outdated ways of running a courier business, because UK consumers (even for Business-to-Business deliveries) demand easier order process and faster couriering outcomes. This is just the beginning of benefits Delivery Master Software offers.
What could be better than a using courier management system, an automated solution to handle most daily tasks, from job allocation, dispatch to managing your drivers and fleet as your business grows