Today, social media is the preferred tool to market and grow almost every type of business in United Kingdom, and this undoubtedly applies to the courier industry as well. There are many different ways in which social media can be utilised to its maximum potential to attract new customers, better your services, get feedback, and also to market your new upcoming services and packages.
Many older methods of digital marketing such as search engine optimisation, email marketing, and even pay-per-click marketing are now considered largely obsolete in favour of new social media marketing techniques. This is because social media allows customers to be attracted and interested in any service of their own accord using subtle psychological tricks instead of being bombarded with spam-like approach in the case of email marketing.
How Social Media Helps in a Nutshell
More than half the population in our world is plugged into social media in one way or another, so it is a fertile ground for marketing, following up leads, as well as converting and attracting customers.
Let’s repeat the sentence to truly grasp the consequence of what that means to your courier company in UK. More than half of the population on planet earth translates in to over 3 billion people who consistently use their smartphones to login to a social media platform of their choice. As a business owner, ultimate goal of marketing is to showcase your business, brand, products or services to potential customers. As you will agree, if your ideal customers are spending their time on social media platforms, and, you have the opportunity to show your services to them on those platforms, then, how can you not use social media to reach new customers?
Here are a few ways social media can fast track your courier business operated in United Kingdom.
- Different social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can help you connect to a wide type of demographics including younger audience in ways traditional advertising cannot. Instagram in particular hosts the particular potential of crafting and marketing a brand ideology and identity to younger audience. With newer smaller businesses popping up all the time with young entrepreneurs needing courier services for their products, you need to be active on these platforms with posts and content geared towards a selected target audience.
- Social media allows you to communicate with clients very easily as well as respond to queries about your services. It is particularly useful when customers want custom packages or on-demand services that are not publicised as standard. Potential customers can also directly respond to social media ads which can generate leads faster for smaller courier businesses.
- Many marketing campaigns that use social media are sometimes used in conjunction with traditional advertisements or with search engine optimisation. This in return means that a previously untapped customer base will open itself up to the business. If you have an online presence in form of a website, then this will help get you more internet traffic and lead to higher rate of customer conversions.
Here is how different social media sites are beneficial in tapping in to existing and also new markets
- Facebook: on this platform you can utilise your digital marketing wizardry to best effect by creating a target audience using Facebook Advertisement Tools, and running targeted ads for that target audience. Furthermore, FB marketing also allows you to analyse important feedback (interactions, likes, comments) on your official Facebook Business page. This giant platform has 2.5 billion active users.
- Twitter: is good for shorter type of content but can still help in maximising outreach and networking.
- LinkedIn: is excellent platform particularly if your courier business offers Business-to-Business deliveries in UK. LinkedIn helps to build business connections especially with other couriers so that you can improve your service delivery and create strategic partnerships. This is also where larger clients such as e-commerce websites or goods manufacturers can be contacted to cultivate connections.
- Instagram: this is an immensely useful social media platform to measure audience engagement and likes and dislikes, as well as to foster a community of people that can appreciate your business and pricing as well as recommend your courier company to friends. Using aesthetic and ‘on-brand’ posts for sponsored ads and hashtags can take you far in generating leads locally and beyond.
Challenges Can Become Opportunities
Just like your competitors in UK, as soon as a new platform for marketing is introduced, or, better ways of operating a courier company using the latest technology, Software Apps and a courier management software such as Delivery Master Courier Software.
Resistance arises because change costs money, however, as a smart business owner you know that an investment can return better returns when you invest in proven to work methods. Social media marketing and using technology to your delivery business’s advantage is one of those smart investment decisions that must be made moving forward in UK courier industry.
At the end of the day, using Social Media to gain new customers for your UK Courier company doesn’t need to be expensive because whether you are a small business owner or already established courier business in UK, you can always find affordable service providers offering online marketing solutions. We recommend RankYa Digital Marketing whom also offers free training courses and how to videos on YouTube.
We’re Here to Help Courier Companies in United Kingdom
Delivery Master Courier Software has been created solely for UK courier companies so that easy to use yet with powerful functionality that simplifies day to day operations of a UK courier business is built in, particularly for those whom are looking for software for same day courier service providers
With our proven track record and unmatched industry experience and technology support solutions can make a huge difference when growing your courier business.
Thinking of upgrading, or you are already using an outdated software package that no longer caters for your courier company requirements? We’re here to help, call 0333 30 55 250 or simply contact us so that we can demonstrate the benefits of using our solutions and support services. Get in touch we’re here to help